The Uxbridge Loaves and Fishes Food Bank provides food for those in need in our community. IT IS STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.
Uxbridge residents in need of help from the Uxbridge Loaves and Fishes Food Bank are eligible to come once a month and receive one week’s worth of food based on family size.
If you are new to the Food Bank and need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a new client and please provide your name and phone number. One of our volunteers will contact you by phone to pre-register. At your initial visit you will be asked to provide photo ID as well as proof of residency in Uxbridge (mail/bill). All information collected is for Food Bank use only.
UPDATED PROTOCOL DURING COVID-19
Uxbridge Loaves and Fishes Food Bank remains open to serve those in need at this critical time. We continue to follow protocols to keep both our clients and our volunteers as safe as possible. Our regular client hours are Wednesday’s from 1pm – 4pm at the St. Andrew’s – Chalmers Presbyterian Church.
Please stay home:
- if you are sick
- if you have travelled outside Canada in the last fourteen days, or
- if you have had contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or self-isolating due to risk of COVID-19
- Everyone entering the Food Bank must now have their temperature taken.
- Masks are mandatory, and everyone is required to sanitize hands when entering the food bank.
- A maximum of four clients (excluding children) are permitted inside the food bank at any time.
- Only one adult per family is allowed inside (we encourage families to leave children supervised at home if at all possible, but we also understand that this is not always possible).
As always, please practice social distancing at all times both inside and outside the Food Bank.
During this time we are unable to provide food options and are providing clients with pre-packed boxes of food. Due to shortages at local grocery stores, we may have to limit the amount of food items provided for each family.